Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coachella

Are people really still paying for Coachella? I just almost fell asleep reading the lineup. Here is a count of the bands I would like to see on each day. I bet they add up to less that 15 in total.

Friday:
Paul McCartney (and seriously, only for the bragging rights).
Morrissey
Berut
the Black Keys?

Saturday:
The Chemical Brothers
TV on the Radio
Atmosphere
Amanda Palmer?

Sunday:
The Cure (okay, that's awesome)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
X
Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Friendly Fires (only because they used to share an apartment with a friend of mine)

Final Count: 13. However, I'm being way too optimistic. I'm sure a ton of those would be simultaneous, so I'd probably end up seeing about 7.2 shows. Here are the bands I would settle for, in no order:
Crystal Castles
The Aggrolites
Leonard Cohen
Los Campesinos!
The Killers
MIA
Junior Boys
Devandra Banhart (who's hard to watch, because I find him irritating)
the Kills

No comments: