Sunday, December 7, 2008

My little brand of insomnia.

It's 3:37 in the morning, and I can't sleep. Despite having spent the better part of my day yawning, I'm apparently doomed to sit here and pore over the history of Fish 'n Chips on Wikipedia.

Two great days. I'm not in the mood to write extensively, but yesterday I went with Ruth, Chris, and Florian to Potsdam. It was essentially the first time I have ridden in a car since arriving in Germany, and it was wonderfully relaxing. We walked around Sanssouci for a couple of hours, snapped a couple of pictures, and went home. I forget how many places are available for my quick visitation. I mean, Potsdam is on the S-Bahn.

Today I was pretty immobile for most of the hours, nursing a bit of a hangover. At six, Ruth and I left the house and went to Potsdamer Platz (which, despite sharing a name with the city I visited yesterday, is still in Berlin) to innertube down a fake snowy hill. Florian met us there, and we all three slid down together. Adorable. After the 15 second payoff that followed my two weeks of anticipation, we walked around drinking Gluehwein and looking at the Christmas Market merchandise. We ended up in a supposedly Austrian style hut thinger, drinking more Gluehwein and listening to the exact same music we had played the previous evening in my kitchen.

Now I can't sleep, and have to listen to my disgusting cat sneezing.

No comments: