Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm headed back to the United States on the 28th of June. Due to visa issues (mine runs out at the end of June), I have to stay out of Germany for 3 months.

Right now, I'm sitting in Konstanz, preparing to attempt a quiche. When I started my school hiatus, I decided to learn how to cook. Unless sticking tons of vegetables in a wok, cooking them, and dumping curry over them counts, I have not achieved that goal. I will now embark on a real cooking adventure. I did already make backup plans, in case it doesn't go well: a restaurant.

I bought the ultimate pants today. They are deliciously cheap black jeans from Zara, perfectly cut, just really gorgeous. Not to mention the price, which was definitely right.

I have nothing to do in Konstanz except read, shop, and write. I have been journaling a lot, which is great. Sometimes I wish I had friends or people around who were nosey enough to read it. It would be nice to have someone I couldn't hide from, even if I didn't know about it.

2 comments:

natalye said...

bummer you have to leave - are you planning on heading back eventually?

me? i fell in love with germany and definitely want to MOVE there. but what with grad school and such, i'm here awhile (minus a semester i might do abroad).

jordan redskin said...

I am coming back after the three months. I applied to university in Berlin, and if I don't get into that program, I'm just going to do language school for a while.