Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fraudulent activity!

4:30am- awoke, terrified that someone was standing on my balcony.
4:45am- talked to Deniz and Brenda on Skype
5:30am- started watching 30Rock
6am- Ruth finally woke up. Talked to her in the kitchen.
6:30am- tried and failed to go back to sleep.
7am- gave up on sleeping. Showered and got dressed.
8:15am- left the house to go to the internet Cafe down the street and buy a train ticket to Konstanz. Although it opens at 8, there was a severe lockdown situation.
8:30am- bought minutes for my phone. WITHDREW MONEY (this is important later). Bought food for train.
8:55am- arrived at train station. Tried to buy a ticket to Konstanz from a machine and ended up with a ticket to Stuttgart.
9am- tried to buy the correct ticket from an actual person, who told me my card was not working.
9:05am- walked 20 feet to another ATM, where a bold message read "YOUR CARD IS NOT ALLOWED AT THIS MACHINE".
9:07am- sat down and had a frustrated cry.
9:30am- got back to Deutsche Bank and tried again at the same ATM. "CARD NOT ALLOWED"
10am- got back to the internet cafe. Tried to buy ticket online, which also failed.
10:30am- went home and went back to sleep.
2pm- woke up
...
6:30pm- called Bank of America. A lady told me that my card has been frozen because of suspicious activity, and asked me, "Did you tell your bank that you were going to be abroad?"
I said, "No, but I've been here for six months without any problems."
She said, "Hm," and transferred me somewhere else.
I am now on hold.
6:54pm- still on hold.

No comments: