Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hallelujah.

Blessed with an immersion blender, I am learning how to make tomato bisque soup tonight, an achievement I plan on replicating several times in the near future. I need to branch out, cooking wise. It would be nice to have at least one acceptable meal in my repertoire.

This computer is set in a different language, and there is no auto-spelling checks. I am not excited about the fact that I'm exposing my potential spelling-loserdom.

Great things have been happening lately. Every time I see something that strikes me as beautiful, I reach for my pen and paper rather than feel my eyes start to water. I can laugh again. Not just distractedly chuckle -- I can look into someone's eyes as they speak, and produce a laugh that begins somewhere beyond the base of my tongue. I feel helpful sometimes, which is laughable, but I still feel it, and that is what matters at the moment. First I need to feel it. Everything else can come later.

Is that ridiculous?

No comments: