Wednesday, July 2, 2008

California's capitol.

As we drove into Sacramento, Ayumi and I noticed a distinct orangey-gray haze in the sky, threatening to overcome us. Was it just our respective imaginations? The delusion of our reluctance to leave San Francisco? No, just the smoke from a thousand* forest fires, all intent on ruining the city and its inhabitant's lungs.

So now I'm here. There is ash in the air, baking in the 90 degree weather. I have a sore throat. Not only that, but I trapped a junebug last night, between a piece of pottery and an Arrested Development DVD case, and who knew a baby junebug could escape from that? So now I'm hot, in pain, and creeped out. Seriously, bugs should not be able to bench press that much.



*the amount of forest fires is courtesy of Brenda, Deniz, and Joe's know-it-all neighbor Sean.

No comments: