Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sacramento, CA

I am shifting cities quite frequently.

Last night, I talked Ayumi into leaving her new apartment in San Francisco and meeting me here. It was going to be the first time each of us had slept alone in a long time. I picked her up at the train station last night at 10pm, and we hung around, talking to my parents and growing progressively more tired. Once in bed, we shared one of those giggly sleepover-type conversations that I miss so much. Sacramento's getting so lonely, I have to import my friends.

Usually -- according to what I've heard -- when someone gets ready to leave the country for an extended period of time, their lives fall into place in a very inconvenient way. Fortunately, mine is not. I'm developing awkward crushes, basically, and can't wait to ditch them. It's probably just an effort to feign attachment.

No comments: