Thursday, July 17, 2008

Networking

I can't believe all of the random connections I have made in Europe. I can't wait to travel around once I'm there.

Even my living in Berlin is pretty random. My friend Hannah came on exchange to Sacramento my sophomore year of high school from Graz, Austria. She is the reason I ever went to Europe in the first place, and the reason I was ever inspired to learn German. Ruth, who I am staying with in Berlin is her best friend from high school; I've spent a lot of my time in Austria hanging out with the two of them. That was a connection I never suspected would serve such a useful purpose.

I have friends (or random connections) in Hungary, Latvia, Holland, France, Austria, and England. My connections in Latvia, Holland, and England are the kind of unlikely connections I never expected to make. My friend Peter is going back to Latvia in September, and I met him on the bus. I met a girl in Holland through a random guy I met in a bar, and Chris, who lives in London, was the camera man for a guy I hosted through CouchSurfing.com.

I feel very lucky in the irrationality that is my life.

No comments: